Monday, January 9, 2012

Drum Roll, Please.... Crafty News

It was Friday, December 30, my son was visiting and I was doing a routine email check.  My email has the preview option and what I was about to read, reread, and read again left me estatic!  Did I read correctly?  Me? My son asks what I am so excited about.  This is what I read:  "Hi Sassy, Congratulations, you have made it to our very first Pixie Challenge...".  Of course, this is when you can't get the email to open fast enough!  I was selected to become part of the Pixie family - the Pixie Challenge Design Team - that creates monthly one project for the Pixie Challenge.  What an honor to be selected one of ten crafters from all over the world!

The first monthly Pixie Challenge of 2012 is "Love Notes" and it runs from now through January 31:


Create a project for Valentine's Day or any other project with heart(s).  It could be a card, wall hanging, altered journal - the possibilities are endless with using the word "Valentine" or hearts.

The winner of the Pixie January 2012 Challenge will receive a $15 gift certificate to shop at Pixie Dust Paperie

Pixie Dust Paperie also offers a monthly kit.  January's kit "Love Notes" is a beauty.  You need to see all that is included in this kit and at a phenomenal price.
  
What did I create for the January Challenge?

I started by researching the size of piano keys, scoring my white cardstock at the appropriate distance and the same for the black keys.  Originally, I had the piano keys as the entire background but did a bit of slicing and dicing to the size displayed.  Using Tim Holtz Distressed Ink - Antique Lace - the piano keys were distressed.

The khaki base paper is from Stampin' Up and the pink polka dot paper from A|Muse Studios.  Remaining DSP is from my stash of bits and pieces and I unfortunately am unable to give credit where credit is due.  A Gift Tag Envelope template (2.5" x 1.75") was used to make the vellum envelope, cut with scallop scissors and edges inked with a charcoal brown.  Hearts and pennant flags chipboard were covered with more stashed paper and made in to the musical notes and the "love note" for the envelope.  "A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you. - Author Unknown, Love, Kiss Me, and B mine are all rub-ons from scrapworks (cr360 - Lucky in Love).  To finish it up, a little bling of hearts, ribbon, and a tape gun to press out the "notes and xoxo".  

Please join us for the monthly Pixie Challenge.  All the details for January are here.  Those that do challenges regularly I am sure will not want to miss out on Pixie's and if you have never done a challenge - this is a great time to start!  Challenges are addicting, they open your eyes to new possibilities and techniques, and are just plain fun.  Plus, you just might win a nice prize.

C'mon... play along!  The Pixie team has lots of inspiration to offer!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations Sassy! Your card is amazing! Beautiful work.

jan farnworth said...

congrats sassy and you did a wonderful project very creative.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is sweet and lovely, I love the piano keys with the soft pink!!
Welcome to the Pixie family and I am looking forward to more of your beautiful work in the next few months at the Pixie Blog!

Linda Breedlove said...

This is certainly a beauty. What fabulous piano keys... so clever... lovely!
I'm looking forward to working with you on the Pixie DT and to seeing more of your gorgeous projects.

Samantha said...

Congrats Sassy the Pixie family is lucky to have a talented artist like you. your creation is stunning!!

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable...love that musical paper. Sooo happy to work with you on the Pixie team. :)

lauren bergold said...

what a totally unique, fabulous & inspiring card! i especially ♥♥♥ the piano keys and the play on love "NOTES"!!! what a great way to start out the year on the pixie challenge DT! we're so happy you're here & can't wait to see what you'll do next!!! ♥

Chriss America Real said...

Hello fellow DT friend! I love your card and look forward to working with you!

Hugs,

Chriss