"The Land of Fairy Tales"
The Pixie Challenge: Create a project (layout, altered item, card, etc.) using the photo above as inspiration.
Upon receipt of this assignment the very first thing that happened and kept repeating through my head was "Fairy Tales do come true, it can happen to you, when you're young at heart". I could not get that out of my head. Taking that as my lead I decided there was so much I wanted to include and needed to make something larger. What did I use?
- 8 x 8 matboard covered with three different papers representing the various colors
- Flowers for the various greens
- Skeleton leaves spritzed with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold for the castle colors and riverbanks
- Clouds cut from American Crafts paper
- Mirrored cardstock curved for the river
- Gold-fringed ribbon added to both sides of the river for more dimension and again for the color
- Prince, Princess, window frame, Bluebird of Happiness, mouse offering flower, additional mouse and smaller stamped sentiments "Once upon a time ... And they liver happily every after. The End" are all from the There She Goes set "Once Upon a Time"
- White-pleated ribbon inked with various browns from Tim Holtz Distress inks
- Punched grass along the river's edge and also built up in front of the castle wall
- Various alphabets for "Believe in the Magic of Fairytales..."
- Rhinestones in a lighter green
- Roses on the window frame
- Viva Pearl pen on the Prince's jacket buttons
- Spica pens in clear and red
- Two silver crowns
- Dimension, dimension, dimension
- Twine for hanging
For even more inspiration, visit fellow Pixie Challenge design team member's blogs:
Agnieszka Bellaidea - Bellaideascrapology
Ros Crawford - Mikey's Mom
Sheila Burns - Part-Time Pretties
Linda Breedlove - Hands to work...Heart to Love
Evgenia (Joy) - Enjoy your life
Come play along!
The winner of the Pixie February Challenge wins a $15 gift certificate to shop at Pixie Dust Paperie
You are welcome to submit any type of project based on the theme and enter as many times as you wish, but we do hope that the creation is new and original. No direct selling links are allowed here. Please do not cross-promote event unrelated to our challenge blog. Link your direct post of the challenge and not your entire blog, please remember to display our "I love pixie dust paperie" badge and provide a link back to us