Friday, March 9, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Kraft

Today's the day!  The first post as a member of the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Design Team.  I still remember the day I squealed and did a bit of a dance in my chair when reading I had been chosen.

The first challenge was to create a project using Kraft.  My favorite!  Do you see the Kraft in the below project?
It's there and let me first start by listing the supplies used to create the above:
  • Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
  • A|Muse Studio Felt from the assortment pack
  • A|Muse Studio Chevron Ribbon - Bermuda, Lime, and Orange
  • Bazzill Basics Paper - Kraft
  • Decorate Your Life - vinyl lettering
  • FolkArt High Definition Visual Texture Acrylic Paint - Fresh Foliage, Butter Pecan, and Sky Blue
  • Inkssentials Glue n' Seal and Ink Blending Tool
  • Sizzix Originals - Flower, Sunflower, #2 and Flower Layers
  • Spellbinders - Spiral Blossom One
  • Stamp-n Stuff Clear Embossing Powder
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Candlelight, Gumdrop, and Tiger Lily
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads - Stormy Skies, Spiced Marmalade, Gathered Twig, Antique Linen, and Peeled Paint
  • Tim Holtz idea-ology Timeworks
  • Unknown twine, brads, rhinestones
  • Viva Pearl Pen - Gold
The AMuse Chevron Ribbon in bermuda, lime, and orange were the color inspiration for this project.  The ribbon is very nice to work with and the colors remind me of sherbet.
Using a triple-frame from my stash of supplies, the three wood frames were given base coats of the three different FolkArt colors mentioned previously.  Kraft paper was cut to fit each frame with the opening.  Each piece then was inked with Antique Linen and one of three colors (Stormy Skies, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint).  Covered with embossing powder and flicked a few times on the underside, each set heat embossed until powder became clear.  After cooling, the ink blending tool was used to work in the Tim Holtz Distress Ink  - Gathered Twig blending along outer and inner edges until the desired outcome was achieved. Using a paper towel I like to rub it to remove a bit of the shine.  Each piece was adhered to the frames and embellished.
Photo 1:  Felt cut from Sizzix Flower layers and two stems from the Kraft using the Sizzix Sunflower.  The flowers were removed from the stems and then both were joined to make one, taller stem.  The stems were inked with a combination of Antique Linen and Peeled Paint and embossed with the clear powder. Inked entirely with Tim Holtz Gathered Twig and wiped with paper towel.  Viva Pearl Pen was used then to highlight the leaves.  Leaves were rolled with a pencil.

Photo 2:  Butterflies were an Etsy purchase.

Photo 3:  Two flowers were cut using Spellbinders Blossom #1 and the third via a random cut with pinking shears and all secured using Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Brads/buttons added to center of each.  The three, bronze leafs were also a stash item.
The same Kraft cardstock was used for the insert in each frame.  I wanted the background to have a faint pattern.  Masking each with a portion of the Tim Holtz idea-ology Timeworks, each were misted lightly with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Candlelight, Gumdrop, and Tiger Lily.  After drying completely, the vinyl letters was burnished to each piece.  

Frames were loaded from the back, bling rhinestones place on each frame, ribbon tied... VOILA.

My first creation for the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Design Team.  I hope you enjoy and are inspired to join us each week.

Frosted Designs offers three challenges each week. By going to the Home Page, in the right-hand side bar are three buttons that will take you to the current challenge. 
Choose happiness daily!
Sassy

9 comments:

BrendaB said...

Gorgeous project! I love the bling and the felt accents!

Sarah said...

This is sooo beautiful!! What a great idea for some fab home decor!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the FD family!!! Your project is beautiful!!! I love the black cat on your blog ~ I had a black cat as a kid and have so many fun memories of Fraidy!! I also love your Choose Happiness Daily message!!!

Anita Scroggins said...

I really love this project - it is so well put together!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :o)

Rosie Gustafson said...

What a wonderful home decor piece. I just love it. It gives me inspiration to try something new. Thank you for sharing.

all the days of our life said...

This looks amazing!!! Love all of it. Welcome to the FD family.

Heidi said...

Joan- this is absolutely beautiful!

Parables of a Crafter said...

Very nice!!! I'm always amazed how a cratfer can take just a few colors as inspiration and create something so wonderful and beautiful as you have done here!!!

Unknown said...

A beautiful job Sassy! I am playing catch up with my comments....sorry it's taken me so long to welcome you to the FD family!! I am now following you too :0)