Friday, March 23, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Grid


The Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday challenge this week  was to create a project using a grid.  At first I thought, a grid?  Like in graph paper?  Oh no!  That takes me back to 10th grade Geometry class and triangles - definitely not my best subject.  But then I started seeing all sorts of things in a grid.  A checker board, chess board, fencing, a football field, flower trellis, etc.  Do you see the grid below I decided to work with?
Because of several issues I have with health, being homebound, loss of independence, and unable to work I had someone a few months back chat with me about happiness.  The jest being happiness is a choice one makes each day as to how they will live, approach others, deal with situations, and I suppose even clean the house!  That idea made so much sense to me and I haven't been able to forget those words spoken.  I now end my blog with "choose happiness" and I take every opportunity to share what I learned.  It's a day-by-day attitude.  One that is positive and easy to live by one day at a time.

Back to my grid!  As I was deciding what I was going to create this week, I remembered having the Tim Holtz idea-ology Mask "Concerto".  I love using masks more than stencils just because of the slight stickiness on one side keeping it in place as you ink, mist, paint, etc.  What else did I use to create the above?
  • 8 x 8 Artist Canvas Panel
  • Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Snow Cap
  • Claudine Hellmuth Studio Black Gesso
  • Grungeboard borders
  • Inkssentials Glossy Accents
  • Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Metallic Acryllic Craft Paint - Sterling
  • Papertrey Ink embillishments Fine Ribbon - Fresh Snow Velvet Ribbon 
  • The Rubber Cafe Red Jellie Dots
  • The Rubber Cafe Scraphappy Sheer Glue
  • The Rubber Cafe Stick "Em" Up 
  • Thickers - Jewelry Box and Tiara
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad - Festive Berries
  • Tim Holtz idea-ology Mask "Concerto"
  • Tsukineko Goosebumps
  • Unknown red with white polka dot ribbon, white pom-pom ribbon
  • Zip Dry Paper Glue
Happiness was my inspiration for this project.  The "My Music... happiness" my own meaning the song I sing daily.

Black gesso was used to cover the 8 x 8 canvas panel.  The mask then applied to the panel and then covered with the metallic paint.  The grungeboard was inked with the Snow Cap and spritzed with Goosebumps, and finally inked with Festive Berries distress ink using a make-up sponge. I pleated the red with white polka dot ribbon and applied the velvet ribbon on top to even out the base for adhering "Music...".  The grungeboard borders were applied with Zip Dry Paper Glue and red Jellie Dots placed.  All that was left was the placement of the remaining letters and attaching the white pom-poms for hanging on the wall. 

My second creation for the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Design Team.  I hope you enjoy and are inspired to join us each week.

Frosted Designs offers three challenges each week. By going to the Home Page, in the right-hand side bar are three buttons that will take you to the current challenge. 
Choose happiness daily!
Sassy

2 comments:

Erin- said...

What an inspirational post, Sassy. Well said! I will have to remember that happiness is a choice--even if it's a hard choice (and choosing crankiness would be easier, LOL)--it's still a choice.

Oh, and I almost forgot--Great project! It looks like it was a lot of work! So detailed, lots of lovely touches.

Carol L said...

What an amazing card with so many fabulous details! Choosing to focus on finding things that make you happy truly is the way to go - I've learned that the hard way myself! Keep smiling :)