What did I make?
My project for banner week is an altered lunchbox tin. My original thought was to alter a tin to use for individual family members favorite holiday/birthday recipes. Each would have their own index card divider where a list would generated to include such things as their favorite birthday cake, or their favorite Christmas Eve meal. The recipe would be hand-written and placed behind each divider. I say hand-written as one of my most treasured items is a recipe for Pumpkin Bars in my Dad's handwriting. He has now been gone for 10 years. I remember the day I thought I had lost that recipe and was beside myself. Once found it is now safely tucked away.
Most of the materials used to alter the lunchbox tin were from my stash:
- Cardstock, designer paper, fabric, ribbon, brads/bling: Stash
- Flower: Made by me
- Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Forest Moss and Vintage Photo
- Canvas Banner: Cut from Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky-Back Canvas
- Rub-On Banner: Hambly Screen Prints - Banners/Pennants - Antique White
- Stamped/Die-cut Banner: Taylored Expressions
My third creation for the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Design Team. I hope you enjoy and are inspired to join us each week.
Frosted Designs offers three challenges each week. By going to the Home Page, in the right-hand side bar are three buttons that will take you to the current challenge.
Choose happiness daily!