Monday, April 15, 2013

May Arts All New Release Spring Craft Challenge

Thank you May Arts for having the confidence in me and my creations to once again be selected to participate in the May Arts All New Release Spring Craft Challenge

For this challenge we were to choose four ribbons from the below:


(May Arts Ribbon Used -> Teal String: 449-34, White Eyelet: 447-38-01, Fuchsia Ruched Ruffle: 441-78-22, Green Leaves: 448-66, Natural Burlap: 398-4-11, Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas: 444-58-20)


For the May Arts All New Release Spring Craft Challenge I submitted an idea that truly would be a challenge for me - CAS Mother's Day tags.  CAS is tough as I always want to add one more thing.  To me the tags below are about as CAS as I have ever been able to do.


The Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas ribbon was rolled to form the heart.
It was also used at the top with the Teal String.

The idea for this tag came from a Facebook post I saw from my son.  He was born and raised in Minnesota.  He lived in Las Vegas for awhile and loved it but then was transferred to Indianapolis.  Imagine my surprise when he posted he was "Going home to visit" Las Vegas.  I still live in Minnesota.

Teal String was used for sewing around the tag.
White Eyelet was double looped at the top.

The idea behind this tag was to make a tag to accent the Teal String with like papers and embellishments.  

One of the ribbons I chose to use was Green Leaves and used it to make the leaves and stem of the lily-of-the-valley which is the May flower.
The Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas matched the cardstock perfectly
and was used at the top.

We have lots of birthdays in May along with Mother's Day and I think I know the most about this month.  I love Lily-of-the-Valley flowers and their scent.  I just happen to have a stencil in my stash that fit perfectly on the tag.

Green Leaves was wrapped around the bottom of tag and
behind the large turquoise embellishment.
The light "poof" was made using the Teal String, separating into the individual plies, and "teasing" the string.

I love getting messy.  With the help of gelattos, stencils, paints, etc. I created the background for this tag.  The vellum saying refers to Mom giving her child wings to fly.  Green Leaves and Teal String were ideal for this tag.

White eyelet was used to embellish the top of this tag.

I have had friends that have lost children before and after birth and, some whose Mom has passed.  This tag has a simple meaning to always remember and honor.

I hope you enjoyed the tags and perhaps got an idea or two.

Please hop over to the May Arts blog to view all the wonderful projects submitted by some very creative people.

Thanks for stopping and I do appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

Jacquel said...

Your tags are beautiful Sassy! My fave is the last one...it's so very elegant!

Joan said...

Love your tags! They are are so beautiful, and your use of the ribbon is so creative!

kel Acopan said...

how lucky!! and so many different tags!!! great job!!

Zella said...

WOW - your tags are AMAZING!!! As I paged down I thought "oh, this one is my favorite" until I got to the next one and then "oh, this one is my favorite"...LOL!! They are all so lovely! I think in the end my favorite one has to be the one with the green leaves and the lily of the valley theme....and the white one......and the one with the poof....and the Mother's Day one....and the Heart/Home one...LOL!! UGH - I can't decide! LOL!! Great job!!!!

Scrappin Abby said...

Beautiful tags Sassy..love them all :)

Just Me said...

Beautiful tags. I like the "Remember" tag best and the lily tag comes in a close second.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Love the tags Sassy, you know which one is my fav though. I can't wait to see your next project!

Melina said...

Your tags are gorgeous Sassy! :)

Tania said...

I love your tags. They are all gorgeous. The 3 in the middle are probably my favourites.

Dell said...

What beautiful tags!!! You could use these for all kinds of projects.